Wednesday 5 October 2011

CD Experiment

I began to play with some typefaces to try and create a temporary identity. I think the name commons suites a more rounded lighter text.
Below
I'm having a little play with the viewfinder idea overlaying this over an image, I figured that the album cover could have a square cut out to reveal another image below. I centralized the title wrote in Babas Neus and placed the identity in the corner this was one thing I found by experimenting with this that it really did not sit well on a very centralized layout, this i need to rethink should I continue with such a design.
On the image below i took the image of a hand to play with the ok idea. I overlaid this again this could be a useful visual theme throughout the album. 
        One thing that really interests me is laying text and blocks of colour over image.
I had a little play at taking the identity out and adding a frame.
Above 
I took the concept from a different angle, I thought perhaps you could look in on a situation and think everything was ok i.e a wedding or birthday party.
I had a go at making the identity sit correctly by taking the central theme out and changing the shape of the text on the O's and turning it see through.

No comments: