Tuesday 27 September 2011

Poster D&AD / GBH are 12

After looking over the brief several times I made the decision that the poster should be approached in two ways.
1. Celebrating GBH's 12th birthday.
2 . D&AD's first talk in the north.

I believe that the poster can not do both effectively.

I think the northern aspect is the most relevant, I decided to celebrate the location being Leeds.



























I decided to stick to the classic D&AD colour scheme, with a centralised layout. i used the hexagon to contain my image celebrating the location and the 12th.

























I found that with the layout I was struggling to contain all the appropriate information, to get around this left and right aligned the text either side of the hexagon using different weights of text.

After the crit I realised that my poster was attempting to communicate too much, I needed to focus more on the Northern aspect and replace the owl image with something that is more relevant to the north as a whole.

I wanted to keep the same style so i replaced the image with a dull sky, and to focus more on the northern aspect I took an N and distressed it to look like a compass.


I went outside took some sky picture then overplayed the 2 together.






























I made a few versions.








































Above is my final poster i decided to stick with the black N compass, as well as change some of the type making the north lecture more prominent and kerning some of the information below, as well as keeping equal weight within the address.

All Done......

No comments: