Thursday 19 May 2011

Drawing Cutlery.

I have made the decision that my PRD will be based around the idea of cutlery mainly because I find the stuff as a visual particularly interesting. The shape of the neck the pattern at the base, how it looks when set on a table. All I know is I want to design around this theme. I have been looking at famous cutlery particularly the work of Gormans America and the production of Chantilly.

My Ideas...


I figured I could design packaging for a replica set celebrating Gormans most famous patterns. This could involve packaging, a catalogue, napkins, guide to formal setting.


Or.....


An event that celebrates cutlery throughout the ages from victorian to Bauhaus?


Below is how these two Ideas might pan out....





In order to start experimenting with this Idea I began to draw out cutlery, I would use these images on packaging bags etc. Below is an example of the sort I imagery I referenced, there are some pieces below I never thought existed.























Below are some of my own drawings. 
I started looking at the main 3 components of any cutlery set Knife, fork and spoon.











Below is how I might use these images in context.


No comments: