Thursday 19 May 2011

Complimentary Items / t shirts...

After lining these items to make pattern I feel a little more colour is necessary along with some type. I have been in looking at Rodchenko and constructivist graphic design, and feel there are elements within this that would be appropriate. Below I am attempting to mix image and type.


I thought it might be interesting to mix in some type. I have used K and F to represent knife and folk.






CHANGE OF DIRECTION!!!!

From these experiments I have made an interesting connection the items Knife and Folk are complimentary items the same as yes and no. If these are represented in an intelligent layout then there is a lot of visual potential to play with.

Below i have compiled a list of similar connections.

Hat and Scarf 
Night and Day 
Bow and arrow
Fish and Chips 
Dog and bone
Night and Day 
Yes and no
Love and Hate
Hammer ans sickle
Salt and pepper
Peace and war
Cat and dog
Winning and losing
Black white white
Type and image 
Pen and pencilPeace

Taking from this list I have tried to represent these complimentary as a visual Below.

Hat and Scarf


Fish and Chips.


Dog and Bone.


I made some mock ups to test my new idea...








No comments: