Monday 23 May 2011

Artwork fold.

I wanted to keep the theme of my t shirts consistent throughout my design. So I began to think of other ways to incorporate this idea across the range. I want the customer to have something special to accompany their t shirt.

I thought of some sort of folded poster or booklet that accompanied the t shirt. The problem of course it had to be triangular. I began to explore this Idea.
My initial Idea was to fold up a poster but I realised that poster sizes folded unevenly as triangles I found that squares folded better.
And that this created these flaps that when removed revealed a lower layer. This interested me I thought it could work with the bone Idea, so the animal laid over the bones. Once the flaps are removed this reveals the skeleton.
I began to make up this idea. The images below are of how the design might look unfolded.

Its hard to visualise but this is what the underside will look like when folded flat.


After measuring the appropriate size for the fold. I made up a rough version to see if the fold actually worked. 




And unfolded...
The same works on the reverse side.

This fold will be placed inside the wrapping as a complimentary gift to demonstrate how the design works.





No comments: