Monday 23 May 2011

Packaging Development...

I had the idea that my packaging might resemble some sort of triangular special edition video case. I was inspired by this.






















There are a lot of modifications but you get the rough idea. The t shirt will be slotted into the inner section.



The 1st decision I made when crafting my packaging was to fold my t shirt in a triangular fold and wrap it to work out the correct dimensions of the package.

I made my packaging from strong white card that I will eventually back in crisp white paper, to give a quality finish.

Once I dad the correct measurements for the width, height and depth. I began to cut these panels from the card.
After putting all the pieces together the inner section looks like this. There is a cut out section which is as much a design decision as for functionality. The rough underside has been wrapped by crisp white paper.

The same rules apply to the cover apart from there is a larger section for the lower to attach to it. I also had to be a lot more careful when applying the branding I wanted a quality finish so I went to screen print   to foil block the branding onto paper.
Below is what the cover looks like when made up.
When the two go together the final packaging looks like this.


No comments: